According to a Reuters’ article I came across on Yahoo! News, these are the top 20 most anticipated films being released over the next 12 months:
1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull – I expected a lot of excitement over this flick, but honestly, I didn’t realize that there had already been so much promotion behind it. I guess I thought this it wasn’t “out there,” yet.
2. The Dark Knight (Batman Begins) – I thought the first one was pretty good (yeah, I know, I’m in the minority in thinking Batman Begins was decent versus “amazing”), but I am honestly excited for this The Dark Knight – I think it’ll top the first one.
3. National Treasure: Book of Secrets – Okay. I really enjoyed the original. Yeah, I’m looking forward to the second installment.
4. American Gangster – Good.
5. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian – I’m surprised this one is ranked so high considering the quality first Chronicles. However, Prince Caspian is one of my favorites in the series, so I’ll probably go, but I’m not holding my breath.
6. Iron Man – It’s got Robert Downe, Jr.
7. I Am Legend – Awesome.
8. Get Smart – No idea.
9. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor – Didn’t even know about this one.
10. Charlie Wilson’s War – Should be an interesting political thriller, but I really don’t know much about the film.
11. Hancock – No idea.
12. Beowulf – Not sure how to feel about Grendel, among other thins, but I think I’ll enjoy it nonetheless.
13. His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass – Fuck yes! Should be a lot higher on this list.
14. Mamma Mia! – ABBA, of course.
15. The Incredible Hulk – I liked the first for a number of reasons. So, even though they’ve changed directors for part two I will remain in a state of anticipation.
16. Speed Racer – wow.
17. Step Brothers – Hmm. Here’s the plot synopsis: Two spoiled guys (Ferrell and Reilly) become competitive stepbrothers after their single parents get hitched.
18. Bee Movie – Looks like it could be another successful Finding Nemo-type of movie.
19. Mr. Magnorium’s Wonder Emporium – Seems like a fun time.
20. Starship Dave – No thank you… I think.