I’m starting this at 10:30pm (eastern time) on the dot.
Random thoughts as of 10:30pm:
1. The simpler, less extravagant Oscars are a plus.
2. Heath Ledger winning The Oscar was a powerful moment in Oscar history.
3. Bill Maher is an awful, awful comedian – I hesitate to even call him a “comedian.” Damn, he sucks. I mean, he really, really sucks. What an arrogant, terrible human being.
4. I’ve enjoyed the comedy so far – Seth Rogen, Ben Stiller, and Tina Fery come to mind.
5. The opening was pretty damn good.
6. I am ashamed of how behind I am this year when it comes to movies.
7. What is the deal with Hoffman’s hat?
Will Smith was a good choice. And Slumdog Millionaire is looking good for the win.
I really enjoyed the last acceptance speech (score for Slumdog Millionaire) – why? Because the guy finished with “God is great.” In your pompous face, Bill Maher!
Hugh Jackman has been a good host.
Roy Schneider, Isaac Hayes, Charlston Heston, and Paul Newman… where was Heath Ledger?
Boyle just won Director.
Kate Winslet has won Best Female Actor.
Sean Penn just gave one hell of an acceptance speech – I’ll be sure to post it ASAP.
Slumdog wins Best Picture. I was very pleased with The Oscars this year. Sean Penn > Bill Meyer.